Jesse Tyler Ferguson Knows Style
How does Modern Family’s style Jesse achieve his look? According to the man himself, it’s a combination of exercise, leafy green vegetables and tying the occasional bow tie. According to legendary nerd Wil Wheaton, “The very best How To Tie A Bow Tie video I’ve seen on the Internet, and I’ve watched a lot of them.” That’s one hell of a testimonial.
Items you will need,
- A buttoned collared shirt
- A bow tie
And here’s some written directions to further complicate matters for you,
- Pop your collar up and place the bow tie around your neck with one side slightly longer.
- Wrap the longer side over the front and cross it and bring it up through the top, tighten it accordingly.
- Take the longer end and throw it over your shoulder, out of the way.
- Grab the shorter end and fold it inwards to create the bow tie shape.
- Take the longer end from your shoulder over the front of the bow tie shape.
- Take the shorter end and fold it, look for the hole created just behind it.
- Take the longer end, fold it inward and push it through the hole.
- Use your pointer finger and grab the loop and tighten it accordingly.
While we’re not sure if any of those highly progressive stats about bow ties are true, we certainly agree with Jesse that learning how to tie one can up your style considerably. If you’re committed to about an hour worth of failure on average, you too can learn the timeless art of tying a bow tie. Go find yourself a mirror and get cracking.
Show Comments (0)