Do you remember your grade school days when making Happy Birthday banners meant printing one letter for each piece of bond paper? It took a lot of time, wasted many materials, and they only ended up getting thrown away because they tear easily? Those were the days when large format printing was not accessible for everyone in New York.
What is Large Format Printing?
Large Format printing applies to prints that are too big to produce in available dimensions offered by local printing presses. Often referred to as wide-format printing or grand-format printing, this printing demands the use of special manufacturing machinery that can handle larger-than-normal printing sizes. The most prominent Times Square billboards are products of large format printing NYC.
In the printing sector, “large format” is essentially a relative concept, since the biggest print dimensions vary from one printing machine to another. However, Professor Emeritus Frank Romano of RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) and a widely recognized printing authority provided these rules for large-format features:
- Wide-format– inkjet machine that runs on wide sheets that can vary from 24 inches to 16 feet in width and any length, used for the first time for proofing and signage printers.
- Super Wide Format – printing equipment over 60 inches to 16 feet in width.
- Large format – digital printers that work on sheets with toner and an image region of 11×17, 13×19, or 14×20 inches.
Types of Large Format Printing
Large format printing in NYC allows you to become as experimental as you want to, delivering potent results.
- Vinyl Banners
- Wallpaper Artwork
- Window Stickers
- Cardboard Cut-outs
Advantages of Large Format Printing
- A multitude of sturdy printing materials including vinyl, cotton, paper, or canvas
- Includes bleed to guarantee that white lines do not appear around the parameter of the print
- Allows printing of any “A” paper size from A8 to A0, or bigger custom sizes
- Enables you to choose from a range of finishes, such as light-fast inks, glossy, or matte texture
- High-end equipment can even cut plastic based on the preferred design
How Does Large Format Printing Work?
After you have chosen the print type you need, you will then select the material you want to use. There are several distinct materials you can choose from, such as fabrics, PVC, plastics, paper, wood, and canvas. When you’ve selected your material and agreed on the dimensions, form, and layout, the details will be configured into the machine to guarantee accuracy and consistency.
Operating from the layout supplied, the printer sprays the ink to fit the desired graphics. Several large-format machines have a quick-drying system using UV lights, so you can use your products as soon as it’s done the printing.
A few of the main factors to consider are:
- Is it going to be in the center of New York? Is it indoors or outdoors?
- How long do you expect it to hold up?
- What’s the ideal material based on location and weather?
- From what distance can a person see it from?
- What will be the installation and finishing type?
Based on your business type, you can outsource your large-format printing. If your business requires continuous and large-scale printing, it may be cost-efficient to get a large format printer for your company.
Why use Large Format Printing?
There are a variety of factors why this specific method performs very well for printing. However, the main reason is because of the size. Massive advertisements and posters draw exposure, particularly when rendered with unique designs or unusual patterns that will make them stand out. For a lot of companies who need more exposure, this kind of layout can be efficient for your advertising needs.
Start enjoying the benefit of large format advertisements, posters, and more for your printing needs!
Show Comments (0)