Low libido affects an astonishing number of men. While we know that low libido in men is a natural occurrence as males age, it’s not something that you simply have to put up with. It’s important to be aware of this condition. In the following article, we will be covering:
- Symptoms of low libido in men.
- Causes of low libido.
- Ways to manage low sex drive.
- Some of the best supplements for increasing testosterone production.
- How low libido can affect other areas of your life.
An Overview of Low Libido
Low libido in men is very common. It affects a surprising amount. Many people think that it only affects older men. While it’s certainly true that men have a much higher chance of losing their sexual drive the older they get, age isn’t always a determining factor. Oftentimes, medications can hinder sexual interest. Injuries in the genitals or pelvic area of a man’s body can also cause a significant dip in sexual interest.
Of course, stress and anxiety play a part. A man can lose interest in sexual activity if his mental capacities are being preoccupied with anxiety and stress. But what are the symptoms of low libido and how do you know if you have it?
You may have low libido if you are finding it difficult to engage in sexual activity. If sex feels like a chore or you have stopped having sex altogether due to a lack of interest, you are experiencing low libido. Low testosterone levels are also a culprit of low libido. If you have noticed that you have less energy overall, you may also be experiencing low libido due to a lack of testosterone. Low testosterone in men becomes a more prevalent problem as they get older.
Now, let’s go over some natural remedies that can also help with low libido.
- Cut Down on Booze – Alcohol is a depressant and can drastically reduce your sexual interest. Some men also find that while alcohol does not necessarily kill their sexual interest, it does make it harder to perform in bed. Limit your intake of beer, hard alcohol, and wine and you just may find that your sexual interest returns.
- Get More Sleep – When you aren’t getting enough sleep, your body is having to allocate more nutrients and capacities to be able to stay awake and alert.
When you sleep, your body releases hormones needed throughout the day. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, you become insufficient of the essential hormones, which can harm your sex life. When you get 8 solid hours of sleep at night, it may help treat low libido. It can also reduce your stress levels, which are another contributor to low libido.
- Natural Testosterone Boosters – Low testosterone is a very common problem. It is estimated that low testosterone affects 40% of all men who are 45 or older. Testosterone is a hormone that regulates many physical and mental functions in the male body, including sex drive. That’s why the best testosterone booster for men in the form of a supplement may be an effective way to increase your level of sexual interest.
- Use Fenugreek – Fenugreek is a plant. Its seeds have been used as a natural aphrodisiac in native medicinal practices. Based on one study, fenugreek increased serum testosterone levels in animal subjects and increased sexual activity.
Fenugreek seeds can be used in your cooking. There are also a lot of over-the-counter supplements that include this herbal extract.
- Try Supplements – Sometimes, your body is not getting enough of what it needs for sexual interest or sexual activity. An over-the-counter supplement can be very helpful in cases like this. For example, Savage Grow Plus has ingredients like horny goat weed that may tackle both fatigue and low sex drive.
Further, supplements that contain Vitamin D, zinc, and ashwagandha can also aid in combating low libido. Just make sure to take a close look at the supplement facts and try to choose a product that tells you how much of each ingredient is included. Also, your doctor can help you determine which elements to look for when shopping for a supplement.
- Eat Chocolate – While you shouldn’t eat excessive amounts of chocolate, incorporating a small amount into your diet may relieve low libido.
Dark chocolate is a natural source of the essential amino acid, L-arginine. It is an amino acid that can help improve your blood circulation, which is good for both sexual interest and function. Also, dark chocolate can impact your mood and help you mentally prepare for sexual activity.
- Meditate – It may not seem intuitive to meditate to increase your libido, but it does have some benefits. That’s because a lot of times, men lose their sexual interest due to unhealthy stress and anxiety levels.
Stress from work, familial obligations, financial responsibility, school, or other sources can decrease your sexual appetite. Meditating is a good, natural way to decompress and manage stress, thus restoring your libido.
Getting your sexual interest back is one thing. If you are also having problems with your erectile function, you may want to try the best vitamins for erectile strength such as vitamin D, vitamin B3, vitamin B9, Vitamin C, and L-arginine.
There are also some effective remedies for premature ejaculation such as kegel exercises, masturbation, and making sure you are getting enough greens and vegetables in your diet.
Living a generally healthy lifestyle can also go a long way in maintaining your sexual interest and your sexual functions. Be sure to get regular cardio exercise, try to keep stress to a minimum, quit or at least cut back on smoking, get a healthy amount of sleep, and limit your alcohol intake.
Show Comments (0)